Saturday, September 29, 2007

Yesterday's Adventures

This was actually a post from yesterday...

It’s a beautiful day here in Ashland City…sunny…80 degrees…low humidity…but I have been tied to the computer all morning working on a PowerPoint presentation and doing some internet research. Steven had to go into Nashville for a couple of business meetings, and my mother is napping, so it feels like I have the house all to myself…which hardly ever happens.
It’s about lunchtime so I think I will head downstairs, fix a bite to eat, and then sit out on the porch and enjoy the sunshine!

Ah! As I was leaving the room I glanced out the window and saw two young fawns grazing on our front lawn...they did a great job of lawn maintenance...now there is less for Steven to weed eat.

As I was sitting out on the porch enjoying the day, I was joined by the orange and white feral cat that lives on the small log cabin on our property. He smelled my lunch--pinto beans and rice--I guess. He came fairly close, but he still flinches and runs when we try to pet him. He wants us to really badly...I hope one day he will realize we only want to give him love, not harm.

No comments: