Saturday, October 6, 2007

Seasons out of Sync?


Since there are no fall leaves in evidence here in Middle Tennessee, I decided to pull a few off some Internet clip art!
The temperatures have been in the low 90s all this past week, and will hit 90 today, tomorrow, and Monday according to the weather forecast. By Tuesday, though, the highs will be around 80 and lows at night in the 50s.
That's more like it!
I don't ever remember having daytime temperatures in October being in the 90s. Even in Chicago, where Steve's kids live, the temps have been in the 80s.
I am still running the air conditioner full blast at night, still scrounging through my summer clothes trying to find something to wear.
As for meals, it's still chicken salad, fruit salad, and other summer-type meals around here. When I run across a fall soup recipe on the Internet or in the paper I think, huh? Fall harvest chili or butternut squash soup just do not sound appealing when the weather is so hot.
I am just going to get through the next three days of heat and humidity (90 percent today) and then look forward to next week.
And perhaps pretty soon we will begin to see some fall color on these green hills!

No comments: